I thought there was another word for those soft icing-spreading kitchen tools, so of course, I went to Google.  Turns out ‘icing spatula’ is totally a thing.  And you know what that means- there are VARIOUS SPECIALIZED SPATULAS!  How weird is that?  I might be using an egg spatula to do fish!  I might be using a cast-iron cookware-only spatula on a teflon pan!  Those paint scrapers in the basement might be some kind of spatula, too!

The mind boggles.

If you let it.