Poison Ivy.

If you’re exposed to it or even suppose that you might have been exposed to it… wash with soap and water as quickly as you can get to it.

Don’t be like me.

I have a tendency to get a case of poison ivy every year since I was 33 years old- the year I started having reactions to it.

The only treatment for poison ivy after it’s turned into a weeping, raw mess that has ever impressed me is to go and play in the ocean for an afternoon.  Once, I had a horrible dripping mess made of both knees (after a really unfortunate tumble off a trail unicycle) and after playing in the ocean with my kids for a while, I came out with a keyring that had rusted over and knees that healed almost miraculously.  Since then, of course, I’ve tried treating my poison ivy rashes with saltwater, but it’s just not the same.  I need someone to provide a university with a grant to discover just what it is in ocean water that dries up poison ivy.

Man, I hope it’s not the fish poo.